La Concha is a gateway for exploring the beautiful attractions Puerto Rico has to offer. With a rich and exciting cultural history, colonial Old San Juan’s 500-year-old cobblestone streets and stone forts, Puerto Rico provides vacationers an excellent window into its past and present. Nearby attractions include:
- The Bacardí Rum Distillery
- Museo de Arte de Puerto Rico (Puerto Rican Art Museum)
- Old San Juan Historic District
- Luis A. Ferré Performing Arts Center
- San Juan La Concha Pool
- El Yunque Rainforest: a cool, mountainous, subtropical mountain range that’s home to many unique species of flora and fauna. Explore its many trails and waterfalls, and hike to the mountain’s peak to catch a glimpse of the entire eastern coast of Puerto Rico.
- Rio Camuy Caves: This subterranean river system is the third largest in the world.
- Also visit… Offshore scuba paradises, lush ecotourism jaunts and three of only a handful of bioluminescent bays in the world.
- Championship golf courses
- Shopping on chic Ashford Avenue in Condado or at Plaza Las America, the largest mall in the Caribbean.
Luxury Resort in Puerto Rico
Life’s definitely a beach at La Concha resort, but there’s much to see and do in Puerto Rico itself. Home to:
- The largest coastal fortress in the “New World” — built over 500 years ago by the Spanish
- The third largest river cavern system in the world
- Colorful colonial cities such as Ponce and Old San Juan
- The only tropical rainforest in the U.S. National Park system
- Dazzling reefs that are picture-perfect for scuba diving
- Championship golf courses with panoramic ocean views
Whether you’re seeking the restorative power of nature, architectural gems of the past, or just a secluded oasis amid uninterrupted sea views, Puerto Rico has some truly remarkable for everyone.
Click here for La Concha tour, restaurant and car rental recommendations.
[Puerto Rico Hotel & Tourism Association]
[Puerto Rico Tourism Company]
[Puerto Rico Convention Center]
[Puerto Rico Convention Bureau]
San Juan Bars and Nightlife
What do YOU think about when the sun goes down? Don’t answer that out loud! But maybe you can begin with world-class dining at San Juan’s restaurants.
There’s something to tempt and please you, and the vibrant San Juan nightlife is unparalleled. Whether you’re looking to simply unwind or dance the night away, you won’t have to look far from La Concha.
Check out our list of Tourism Websites to find everything you need to make your vacation in Puerto Rico a memorable one.