Updates from La Concha Resort
Updates as of November 9, 2017
We would like to keep you informed on the daily progress of La Concha Resort and Puerto Rico in general.
- The hotel is fully operational; with all its amenities including complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel, potable water and connected to the Puerto Rico Power Authority.
- All meeting and restaurant outlets are open for guests, including Salon Mirador and Atlantiko which have been renovated.
- Accommodation amenities:
- All guest rooms feature 37″ LCD flat-screen tbs; DVD players and iPod dock; premium cable and movie channels; turndown service, hair dryers; robes and slippers; spa-style showers; coffee makers; iron and ironing boards.
- The Suite Tower features three room types: one-bedroom, two-bedroom, and studio suites, all with chic furnishing, European-style kitchenettes and entertainment center. “Spa Suites” also feature a jacuzzi on the balcony.
- We have completed installing new carpets in the Suite Tower rooms and began the installation in Ocean Tower rooms.
- A coin operated laundry is located on the 4th floor of the Suite Tower for the convenience of our guests.
- Our ocean front complimentary fitness center is operating featuring early morning classes.
- The following restaurant venues are open to guests and general public:
- Aroma Café at the lobby bar featuring continental breakfast.
- Delicias serves breakfast, dinner and Sunday brunch with local flavor.
- Solera is a sophisticated, open-air, poolside restaurant serving lunch and dinner, specializing in tapas.
- Komakai Sushi Bar is located in the lobby and serves sushi, sashimi, and several traditional and signature rolls.
- Serafina is a lively experience in Italian dining.
- Perla, known as one of the top fine-dining establishments in San Juan, serves American cuisine and seafood specialties.
- Lobby bar is featuring DJ music and cocktail specials every Thursday, Friday and Saturday evening.
- La Concha’s What’s Hot Entertainment Calendar is ongoing and we are currently planning the Holiday programming.
- Casino del Mar, offering poker, table games, and slot machines is open 24 hours daily.
- Beginning November 16, we have more tours available at LCR’s Tour Desk:
- Old San Juan sightseeing (excluding Forts):
- The Architectural side of the Old City,
- Old San Juan Walk & Taste
- Old San Juan & Bacardi Distillery
- Tarpon and reef fishing
- Mini Boat Rides
- Sunset Sailing
- Snorkeling and scuba diving in Icacos, Vieques, and Culebrita
- Half-day tour to Las Paylas (the natural waterslides in Luquillo), in combination with time spent on Luquillo beach to relax and try local food.
- Full-day excursion including a waterfall in the rainforest, a cave in Loiza, time to relax at the beach in Piñones as well as to try local food.
- La Parguera bioluminescent bay tour.
- Old San Juan sightseeing (excluding Forts):
- Any inquiries for groups and meetings should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Most flights have been reinstated. Airlines currently operating to and from SJU:
- AMERICAN AIRLINES
- AIR CANADA
- AIR FLAMENCO
- AIR SUNSHINE
- CAPE AIR
- VIEQUES AIR LINK
- The RRCL’s Adventure of the Seas and Celebrity’s Summit homeport calls in San Juan have resumed.
- Viking Cruises resumed its fall/winter itineraries with the Viking Sea homeporting in San Juan on October 27.
- Norwegian Cruise Line returns to San Juan as homeport on November 12.
- Windstar will call in San Juan with the Star Pride overnight on November 24-25 and will return every Saturday.
- By November 30th Royal Caribbean and Carnival cruise lines will commence its transit calls in San Juan.
- Telecommunication services as well as cellphone antennas and towers continue to be reinstalled.
Puerto Rico Aqueducts and Sewers Authority (AAA)
- The service has been reestablished to 85 % of the Island residents.
Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority (AEE)
- Local, federal and private (Public Private Partnerships) authorities are working to reestablish power service.The service has been reestablished to over half of the Island residents.
- 82% of bank branches are now open.
- Over 1,211 ATMs throughout the island are working.
- Having limited telecommunications has resulted in the challenge for commerce to only be able to process cash transactions.
Shopping and Restaurants
- Plaza las Américas – Open Mon. – Sat. 9AM – 5PM and Sun. 11AM – 5PM. Some stores like Macy’s, JCPenney, Sears and others are open as well as banks, restaurants, bookstore and movie theater.
- Mall of San Juan is open for business starting on October 19, 2017 – 7 days a week from 11AM to 5PM, with some restaurants open until 7PM. Some stores and restaurant hours may vary.
- San Patricio Plaza – open Mon – Sat. 9AM – 6PM and Sun. 11AM – 6PM
- Lote 23 restaurants open for lunch and dinner.
- La Placita in Santurce is open for business.
- Many restaurants in the Condado and Calle Loiza area are now open.
Tours and Attractions
In addition to the tours being offered at our Tour Desk:
- Golf Courses that are open:
- Bahia Beach
- Caguas Real
- Coco Beach
- Dorado Beach, Sugarcane Golf Course & Practice Range
- El Conquistador (with special rates)
- Casa Bacardi reopened on November 1.
- Hacienda Carabali is open for business – ATV, horseback riding, restaurant.
- Old San Juan doesn’t have electric power but some businesses have generators and are open for business.
- Museum of Contemporary Art (MAC) and Art Museum of Ponce have some areas open.
La Concha Resort