Updates from La Concha Resort
Updates as of January 23, 2018
We would like to keep you informed on the progress of La Concha Resort and Puerto Rico in general.
- All meeting and restaurant outlets are open for guests, including Salon Mirador and Atlantiko which have been recently renovated.
- Accommodation amenities:
- All guestrooms feature 37” LCD flat-screen TVs; DVD players and iPod; premium cable and movie channels; turndown service, hair dryers; robes and slippers; spa-style showers; coffee makers; irons and ironing boards.
- The Suite Tower features three room types: one-bedroom, two-bedroom, and studio suites, all with chic furnishings, European-style kitchenettes and entertainment center. “Spa Suites” also feature a Jacuzzi on the balcony.
- All rooms have new carpets
- A coin operated laundry is located in the 4th floor of the suite tower for the convenience of our guests.
- Our oceanfront complimentary fitness center operates 24 hours featuring early morning classes and as well as new wine & yoga class upon request.
- The following Restaurant venues offer a tasty dining experience to guests and the general public:
- Aroma Café at the the lobby features specialty coffee and continental breakfast
- Delicias serves breakfast, dinner and Sunday brunch with playful local flavor
- Solera is a sophisticated, open-air, poolside restaurant serving lunch and dinner, specializing in tapas.
- Komakai Sushi Bar is located in the lobby and serves sushi, sashimi as well as traditional traditional and signature rolls
- Serafina is a lively experience in Italian dining
- Perla, known as one of the top fine-dining establishments in San Juan, serves American cuisine and seafood specialties
- Lobby bar features fun and refined cocktails; and DJ music every Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
- La Concha’s What’s Hot Entertainment on-going entertainment calendar includes live music, fashion and live art events.
- Casino del Mar, offering poker, table games, and slot machines is open 24 hours daily.
- Any inquiries for groups and meetings should be addressed to email@example.com.
- Most flights have been reinstated. Airlines currently operating to and from SJU:
- American Airlines
- Air Century
- Air Sunshine
- Air Flamenco
- Cape Air
- Sun Country
- Vieques Air Link
- The RRCL’s Adventure of the Seas, Celebrity’s Summit and Disney Cruises homeport calls in San Juan have resumed.
- Viking Cruises resumed its fall/winter itineraries with the Viking Sea homeporting in San Juan on October 27.
- Norwegian Cruise Line returned to San Juan as homeport on November 12.
- Windstar is calling in San Juan every Saturday.
- Royal Caribbean and Carnival cruise lines have resumed its transit calls in San Juan as of November 30.
- Telecommunication services as well as cellphone antennas and towers has been reestablished.
PUERTO RICO AQUEDUCTS AND SEWERS AUTHORITY (AAA)
- The service has been reestablished to 93% of the Island residents.
PUERTO RICO ELECTRIC POWER AUTHORITY (AEE)
- The service has been reestablished to over 80% of the Island residents. Local, federal and private (Public Private Partnerships) authorities continue to work in reconstructing power service.
- 88% of bank branches open
- 1,586 ATM throughout the Island
SHOPPING & RESTAURANTS
- Plaza Las Américas – Open Monday to Saturday 9AM – 9PM, Sunday 11AM – 7PM. Caribbean Cinemas movie theater hours vary.
- Mall of San Juan – Open Sunday to Thursday 10 AM – 7 PM, Friday and Saturday 10 AM – 9PM. Some restaurant hours may vary.
- San Patricio Plaza – Open Monday to Saturday 9AM – 9PM, Sunday 11AM – 6PM. The Food Court remains open until 10PM. Caribbean Cinemas hours may vary.
- Lote 23 restaurants open for lunch and dinner.
- La Placita in Santurce is open for business.
- Most stores and restaurants in the Condado and Calle Loiza area are now open.
TOURS AND ATTRACTIONS
- Golf Courses that are open:
- Bahia Beach
- Caguas Real
- Coco Beach
- Dorado Beach, Sugarcane Golf Course & Practice Range
- El Conquistador with special rates
- Palmas del Mar, Flamboyán Course
- Casa Bacardi reopened on November 1.
- Hacienda Carabalí is open for business – ATV, horseback riding, restaurant.
- San Juan National Historic Site El Morro and Castillo San Cristobal has resumed normal operations.
- Hacienda Campo Rico is open offering zip-lining, horseback riding and restaurant.
- Museums: Museum of Art, Museum of Contemporary Art (MAC) and Art Museum of Ponce are open.