We Will See You soon!
Updated October 7, 2020 – We are eager to see you soon, and we know you are too! Because we care so much about all our guests and their safety, we have been working endless hours to get ready to welcome you back to La Concha.
While social distancing, wearing your face mask, and basic hygiene practices can help reduce the risk of infection, we wanted to share our updated San Juan Resort safety protocol with all of you, to face this new reality with positivity, and overall, to keep you safe.
Cleaning Protocols – San Juan Resort Safety
Cleaning and sanitizing guest and work areas have always been essential to our standard of service. With the current state during this covid-19 pandemic, we have updated our protocols for an effective sanitization and health program. All our team members have been properly trained and given clear instructions on correct hygiene and frequent hand-washing, procedures on how to respond in case of symptoms or a suspected case in the property.
Hand sanitizer dispensers will be placed at key entrances for guests and employees in areas such as driveways, reception, hotel lobby, casino, restaurant entrances, meeting spaces, elevator landing, pools, and exercise areas.
Our hotel uses cleaning products and protocols which meet EPA guidelines and are approved for use and effective against viruses, bacteria, and other airborne and blood borne pathogens. Here are some details on all our main areas cleaning procedures:
- Public Space and Common Areas: The frequency of cleaning and sanitizing has been increased in all public spaces with an emphasis on frequent contact surfaces including, but not limited to: front desk check-in counters, bell desk, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms, room keys and locks, ATMs, stair handrails, casino counters, gaming machines, gaming tables, gym equipment, dining surfaces and seating areas.
- Guest Room: Optimum cleaning and sanitizing protocols are used to clean guest rooms, with emphasis on high-touch items including television remote controls, toilet seat and handle, door and furniture handles, water faucet, nightstands, telephones, in-room control panels, light switches, temperature control panels, alarm clocks, drape hooks, luggage racks and flooring.
- Laundry: All bed linen and laundry will be washed at high temperature and in accordance with CDC guidelines. Dirty linen will be bagged in the guest room to eliminate excess contact while being transported to the laundry area.
- Back of the House: The frequency of cleaning and sanitizing will also increase in high traffic back of house areas with an emphasis on employee dining areas, loading docks, offices, kitchen, security scanning podium, and training areas.
- Shared Equipment: Shared tools equipment will be sanitized before, during and after each shift or anytime the equipment is transferred to a new employee. This includes: phones, radios, computers, communication devices, payment terminals, kitchen equipment, engineering tools, safety buttons, folios, cleaning equipment, keys, time clocks, and all other different contact items used throughout the resort.
- Room Recovery Protocols: In the event of a suspected case of COVID-19, the guest room will be removed from service and quarantined; It will not be returned to service until an enhanced sanitization protocol by a licensed third-party is conducted.
You can find more detailed information on our official COVID-19 protocols guide.
You can read more about Marriott International community programs, policies, and details for our Marriott Bonvoy members, HERE.
Guests will be advised to practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from groups of people not traveling together, while standing in lines, using elevators, or moving around the property. We strongly advise to up your stepping game and use the stairs whenever possible. Upon arrival, our security team will be conducting a non-invasive temperature check with a thermal camera or non-contact thermometer. In order to ensure our guests and team members safety our resort is currently limited to registered guests only or those with reservations at our restaurants. If you as a guest, have a companion, please notify our Front Desk staff beforehand.
Certain hotel services are limited, please contact our Front Desk team for hours of operation and updates during your stay. As an additional safety measure, we have eliminated menu handling through the resort. Our guests will be able to scan a unique QR code review our available menus and order from our different food and beverage outlets. Currently, our food and beverages services available are the following:
- Hotel Restaurants and bars are available between 6:00am to 10:00pm for our guests to enjoy Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner options. Serafina Restaurant is open daily from 11:00am to 10:00pm.
- Hotel pools, Casino and Fitness Center are open with limited capacity respecting social distancing and safety protocols. Hours of operations are subject to local curfew.
- Wellness program continues with two exclusive outdoor sessions guided by our hotel’s wellness instructor.
- Beach access is allowed while maintaining a safety social distancing behavior. Large group gatherings at the beach are not allowed, all visitors must always wear masks. Food and beverage service is available starting at 11:00am, hotel guests enjoy complimentary lounge chairs and umbrellas.
We will continue following local regulations including island wide curfew that also applies to hotel guest , and hotel access will remain only for exclusive use of registered guests. Please keep in mind the Island curfew is extended from 10:00p.m. to 5:00a.m and applies to hotel guests as well. You can find more information HERE.
All hotel guests will have the opportunity to enjoy the following daily complimentary entertainment:
- Beach Volleyball
- Beach Spike ball
- Beach racquets
- Mini Nintendo classic
Bicycles are available by our valet parking counter, all other equipment must be picked up and returned at front desk. They will be sanitized and sealed after each use. Each guest can use the equipment for a maximum of two hours, on a first come basis.
Condado Lagoon Kayaks & Paddle boarding: Hotel guests enjoy 20% discount with our partners
Relax and retreat at Condado Lagoon enjoying water sport activities, located only 5 minutes from our resort.
- Aquafitness Puerto Rico – Daytime experience. Rent Kayaks, Paddle boards, and XL Paddle board (4pp)
- Night Kayaks – Nighttime experience. LED Kayaks and Paddle boards tours starting at 7:00pm.
Tuesdays to Saturdays: Outdoor sessions between 7:00 am to 11:00 am
Ocean Vibes 7:00am Session
Balanced & symmetric challenge between the flexibility and muscle resistance components of your workout. Inspiration from the functional daily moves in this session will compound with the benefits of breathing techniques for immune boost & stress release on the beach.
Poseidon Vibes 9:00am Session
BOOST MODE ON! Commanding our vibe as Poseidon commands the sea and creating waves as big as we can conquer. This structured-interval circuit will ground you to the sand & water at the beach. Functional training gadgets & moves will take advantage of sand resistance and support for a full body experience. For more information email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
BUBBLES & BRUNCH
Poolside at Solera Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from 10:00am to 3:00pm. Reserve your spot here!
Chill under the Sun…
At Sereno beachfront lounges and Beach area with Tropical cocktails and Lunch menu available daily starting at 11:00am.
In Room Flavors… Continue the party in your room
Order before 10:00pm your choice from the following exclusive packages created:
Mojito’s & Bites
Includes a Pitcher of mojito (flavor to choose) and a picadera sampler to include: breaded Mozzarella, Wings, Tenders & truffle Fries for 2 to 4 guests.
Beers & Buns
Six pack of local beer and two of our favorite 58 burgers with a side to choose. Good for 2 people.
Includes pitcher of Margarita, Solera Nachos & Chicken Quesadillas. Good for 2 to 4 people.
Sunset Wine & Cheese Platter
Succulent cheese cuts to pair with your favorite red or white bottle of wine included.
Upgrade to premium red or white wine for additional fee
Upgrade to champagne Moet Chandon Brut for additional fee
Prices do not include applicable taxes nor gratuity; order must be requested prior to 10:00pm. Dial 6341 from your room.
Following the four-phase reopening plan of Puerto Rico, our government announced the new requirements to welcome all travelers arriving to San Juan’s Luis Munoz Marin International Airport. Executive Order and local regulations continue in place, please review all regulations here.
We are eager to welcome you and we want you to responsibly enjoy our beautiful island, Let’s Stay Healthy. Beginning July 15th, all arriving passengers must complete a Travel Declaration form from the Puerto Rico Health Department be available HERE. The passenger must also demonstrate a negative molecular COVID-19 test, issued 72 hours prior to arrival. Read this Travel Advisory to get all your questions answered.
Our neighborhood of Condado has not stopped during this difficult time, showing empathy, and engaging in solidarity among the community. Several restaurants within walking distance are operating and offering delivery or curbside pickup; others have reopened following our local government safety regulations and maintaining limited occupancy. Guests at La Concha are allowed to pick up their orders at the hotel lobby entrance, while following monitoring and sanitizing procedures from our security staff. Contact our Front Desk staff for guidance on which restaurants are open and their contact information. You can also use food delivery apps like Uber Eats, or the local Uva app.
Around Condado district you will see locals exercising and taking in the sun while keeping a safe distance and following proper protocols. Beach access is allowed while maintaining a safety social distancing behaviour. Large group gathering at the beach are not allowed, all visitors must always wear masks.
During this period, and following the latest government regulations, several tour operators might not be available, but you will still be able to explore places within walking distance and enjoy activities while in San Juan. Here we share a few, for more information you can contact us at email@example.com
- Kayak or Paddle boarding in Condado Lagoon with Aquafitness
- Night kayak tour experience with Night Kayak
- Old San Juan sightseeing
- Bahía Beach Golf Course
- The Vanderbilt Spa
Stay FIT, Stay WELL! Take advantage of our Wellness program during your stay. Dedicated outdoors sessions from Tuesdays to Saturdays 7:00am – 11:00am with our wellness instructor. Calendar will be available at the Front Desk, or contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can’t wait to welcome you back! We will be right here, smiling with our eyes and ready to make new memories together, while keeping you and our beautiful island healthy and safe.
Updated October 7, 2020.