We Will See You soon!
Updated July 31, 2020 – We are eager to see you soon, and we know you are too! Because we care so much about all our guests and their safety, we have been working endless hours to get ready to welcome you back to La Concha.
While social distancing, wearing your face mask, and basic hygiene practices can help reduce the risk of infection, we wanted to share our updated San Juan Resort safety protocol with all of you, to face this new reality with positivity, and overall, to keep you safe.
Cleaning Protocols – San Juan Resort Safety
Cleaning and sanitizing guest and work areas have always been essential to our standard of service. With the current state during this covid-19 pandemic, we have updated our protocols for an effective sanitization and health program. All our team members have been properly trained and given clear instructions on correct hygiene and frequent hand-washing, procedures on how to respond in case of symptoms or a suspected case in the property.
Hand sanitizer dispensers will be placed at key entrances for guests and employees in areas such as driveways, reception, hotel lobby, casino, restaurant entrances, meeting spaces, elevator landing, pools, and exercise areas.
Our hotel uses cleaning products and protocols which meet EPA guidelines and are approved for use and effective against viruses, bacteria, and other airborne and blood borne pathogens. Here are some details on all our main areas cleaning procedures:
- Public Space and Common Areas: The frequency of cleaning and sanitizing has been increased in all public spaces with an emphasis on frequent contact surfaces including, but not limited to: front desk check-in counters, bell desk, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms, room keys and locks, ATMs, stair handrails, casino counters, gaming machines, gaming tables, gym equipment, dining surfaces and seating areas.
- Guest Room: Optimum cleaning and sanitizing protocols are used to clean guest rooms, with emphasis on high-touch items including television remote controls, toilet seat and handle, door and furniture handles, water faucet, nightstands, telephones, in-room control panels, light switches, temperature control panels, alarm clocks, drape hooks, luggage racks and flooring.
- Laundry: All bed linen and laundry will be washed at high temperature and in accordance with CDC guidelines. Dirty linen will be bagged in the guest room to eliminate excess contact while being transported to the laundry area.
- Back of the House: The frequency of cleaning and sanitizing will also increase in high traffic back of house areas with an emphasis on employee dining areas, loading docks, offices, kitchen, security scanning podium, and training areas.
- Shared Equipment: Shared tools equipment will be sanitized before, during and after each shift or anytime the equipment is transferred to a new employee. This includes: phones, radios, computers, communication devices, payment terminals, kitchen equipment, engineering tools, safety buttons, folios, cleaning equipment, keys, time clocks, and all other different contact items used throughout the resort.
- Room Recovery Protocols: In the event of a suspected case of COVID-19, the guest room will be removed from service and quarantined; It will not be returned to service until an enhanced sanitization protocol by a licensed third-party is conducted.
You can find more detailed information on our official COVID-19 protocols guide.
You can read more about Marriott International community programs, policies, and details for our Marriott Bonvoy members, HERE.
In order to ensure our guests and team members safety our resort is currently limited to registered guests only. If you as a guest, have a companion, please notify our Front Desk staff beforehand. Upon arrival, our security team will be conducting a non-invasive temperature check with a thermal camera or non-contact thermometer.
Guests will be advised to practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from groups of people not traveling together, while standing in lines, using elevators or moving around the property. We strongly advise to up your stepping game and use the stairs whenever possible.
Certain hotel services are limited, please contact our Front Desk team for hours of operation and updates during your stay. As an additional safety measure, we have eliminated menu handling through the resort. Our guests will be able to scan a unique QR code review our available menus and order from our different food and beverage outlets. Currently, our food and beverages services available are the following:
- Restaurants and bars are available between 6:00am to 8:00pm for our guests to enjoy Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner options.
- Hotel pools, Casino and Fitness Center will remain closed until further notice.
- Wellness program will continue with a special schedule and reduced hours for outdoor workouts and our mindfulness sessions. All guided by our hotel’s wellness instructor.
We will continue following local regulations including island wide curfew that also applies to hotel guest , and hotel access will remain only for exclusive use of registered guests. Please keep in mind the Island curfew is extended from 10:00p.m. to 5:00a.m and applies to hotel guests as well. You can find more information HERE.
Following the four phase reopening plan of Puerto Rico, our government announced the new requirements to welcome all travelers arriving to San Juan’s Luis Munoz Marin International Airport.
We are eager to welcome you and we want you to responsibly enjoy our beautiful island, Let’s Stay Healthy. Beginning July 15th, all arriving passengers must complete a Travel Declaration form from the Puerto Rico Health Department be available HERE. The passenger must also demonstrate a negative molecular COVID-19 test, issued 72 hours prior to arrival. Read this Travel Advisory to get all your questions answered.
Our neighborhood of Condado has not stopped during this difficult time, showing empathy, and engaging in solidarity among the community. Several restaurants within walking distance are operating and offering delivery or curbside pickup; others have reopened following our local government safety regulations and maintaining limited occupancy. Guests at La Concha are allowed to pick up their orders at the hotel lobby entrance, while following monitoring and sanitizing procedures from our security staff. Contact our Front Desk staff for guidance on which restaurants are open and their contact information. You can also use food delivery apps like Uber Eats, or the local Uva app.
Around Condado district you will see locals exercising and taking in the sun while keeping a safe distance and following proper protocols. Beach access is only permitted for those exercising, in order to maintain a safety social distancing behavior large group gatherings at the beach are not allowed.
During this period, and following the latest government regulations, several tour operators might not be available, but you will still be able to explore places within walking distance and enjoy activities while in San Juan. Here we share a few, for more information you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kayak or Paddle boarding in Condado Lagoon
- Old San Juan sightseeing
- Bahía Beach Golf Course
- The Vanderbilt Spa
Stay FIT, Stay WELL! Take advantage of our Wellness program during your stay. Dedicated outdoors sessions from Tuesdays to Saturdays 7:00am – 11:00am with our wellness instructor. Calendar will be available at the Front Desk, or contact us directly at email@example.com.
We can’t wait to welcome you back! We will be right here, smiling with our eyes and ready to make new memories together, while keeping you and our beautiful island healthy and safe.
Updated July 31, 2020.