We Will See You soon!
We are eager to see you soon, and we know you are too! Because we care so much about all our guests and their safety, we have been working endless hours to get ready to welcome you back to La Concha.
While social distancing, wearing your face mask, and basic hygiene practices can help reduce the risk of infection, we wanted to share our updated San Juan Resort safety protocol with all of you, to face this new reality with positivity, and overall, to keep you safe.
Cleaning Protocols – San Juan Resort Safety
Cleaning and sanitizing guest and work areas have always been essential to our standard of service. With the current state during this covid-19 pandemic, we have updated our protocols for an effective sanitization and health program. All our team members have been properly trained and given clear instructions on correct hygiene and frequent hand-washing, procedures on how to respond in case of symptoms or a suspected case in the property.
Hand sanitizer dispensers will be placed at key entrances for guests and employees in areas such as driveways, reception, hotel lobby, casino, restaurant entrances, meeting spaces, elevator landing, pools, and exercise areas.
Our hotel uses cleaning products and protocols which meet EPA guidelines and are approved for use and effective against viruses, bacteria, and other airborne and blood borne pathogens. Here are some details on all our main areas cleaning procedures:
- Public Space and Common Areas: The frequency of cleaning and sanitizing has been increased in all public spaces with an emphasis on frequent contact surfaces including, but not limited to: front desk check-in counters, bell desk, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms, room keys and locks, ATMs, stair handrails, casino counters, gaming machines, gaming tables, gym equipment, dining surfaces and seating areas.
- Guest Room: Optimum cleaning and sanitizing protocols are used to clean guest rooms, with emphasis on high-touch items including television remote controls, toilet seat and handle, door and furniture handles, water faucet, nightstands, telephones, in-room control panels, light switches, temperature control panels, alarm clocks, drape hooks, luggage racks and flooring.
- Laundry: All bed linen and laundry will be washed at high temperature and in accordance with CDC guidelines. Dirty linen will be bagged in the guest room to eliminate excess contact while being transported to the laundry area.
- Back of the House: The frequency of cleaning and sanitizing will also increase in high traffic back of house areas with an emphasis on employee dining areas, loading docks, offices, kitchen, security scanning podium, and training areas.
- Shared Equipment: Shared tools equipment will be sanitized before, during and after each shift or anytime the equipment is transferred to a new employee. This includes: phones, radios, computers, communication devices, payment terminals, kitchen equipment, engineering tools, safety buttons, folios, cleaning equipment, keys, time clocks, and all other different contact items used throughout the resort.
- Room Recovery Protocols: In the event of a suspected case of COVID-19, the guest room will be removed from service and quarantined; It will not be returned to service until an enhanced sanitization protocol by a licensed third-party is conducted.
You can find more detailed information on our official COVID-19 protocols guide.
We are delighted to confirm our pools and public areas are open for our guests to enjoy between 5:00am to 7:00pm starting on June 5th, 2020. Beach access is permitted for guests and locals to exercise purposes only, not loitering. Our resort has implemented the required social distancing and safety regulations for our guests to retreat calmly at our public areas during their stay. Food and beverage options will be available between 6:00am to 5:00pm. Serafina Restaurant is available for dinner, as well as for lunch.
In order to ensure our guests and team members safety our resort is currently limited to guests. If you as a guest, have a companion, please notify our Front Desk staff beforehand. Upon arrival, our security team will be conducting a non-invasive temperature check with a thermal camera or non-contact thermometer.
Guests will be advised to practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from groups of people not traveling together, while standing in lines, using elevators or moving around the property. We strongly advise to up your stepping game and use the stairs whenever possible.
Food and beverage services are limited, please contact our Front Desk team for hours of operation and updates. Currently, our available services are:
- Aroma Café: located in the lobby, open for grab and go light breakfast options.
- Serafina Restaurant: Open for lunch and dinner.
- Pool Service: Starting June 5th. Lunch and beverage menu available from 11:00am to 5:00pm
Housekeeping continues to provide essential services to our guests, with the exception of turndown services.
We will continue following local regulations until further notice, our pools and certain public areas remain closed to the public. Please keep in mind that the Island curfew from 7:00p.m. to 5:00a.m. applies to guests as well. You can find more information HERE.
You can read more about our community programs, policies, and details for our Marriott Bonvoy members, HERE.
Our neighborhood of Condado has not stopped during this difficult time, showing empathy, and engaging in solidarity among the community. Several restaurants within walking distance are operating and offering delivery or curbside pickup; others have reopened following our local government safety regulations and maintaining limited occupancy of twenty five percent. Guests at La Concha are allowed to pick up their orders at the hotel lobby entrance, while following monitoring and sanitizing procedures from our security staff. Contact our Front Desk staff for guidance on which restaurants are open and their contact information. You can also use food delivery apps like Uber Eats, or the local Uva app.
You can see locals exercising and taking in the sun while keeping a safe distance and following proper protocols. Beach access is permitted for guests and locals to exercise purposes only, not loitering.
Island-wide curfew is in effect at the moment until June 15th, and all tourist attractions are closed. Read this Travel Advisory to get all your questions answered.
We can’t wait to welcome you back! We will be right here, smiling with our eyes and ready to make new memories together, while keeping you and our beautiful island healthy and safe.