Stay up to Date!
Updated September 1st, 2021 – We are eager to see you soon, and we know you are too!
While social distancing, wearing your face mask, and basic hygiene practices can help reduce the risk of infection, we wanted to share our updated San Juan Resort cleaning protocol and Puerto Rico travel guidelines with all of you, to face this new reality with positivity, and overall, to keep you safe.
Masks are required in all indoor spaces, regardless of vaccination status. All patrons visiting or consuming any service at any lodging property including restaurants, bars, nightclubs, gyms, and spa must present evidence of vaccination or proof of negative test 72 hours prior to entering the facilities. This mandate applies to all registered hotel guests and non-hotel guests visiting our facilities. Please note restaurants and businesses might have their own additional restrictions. Following local regulations effective September 2nd until September 23rd, 2021 all businesses will be closed from 12:00am to 5:00am except for emergencies. Pharmacies and gas stations are excluded. Alcohol sales and consumption will be prohibited during these hours. For more information you can review the following link: https://www.discoverpuertorico.com/info/travel-guidelines
COVID-19 tests are only required for passengers arriving on international flights and those arriving from domestic flights who have not been fully vaccinated. Fully vaccinated travelers entering on domestic flights are permitted to present their vaccination card instead of a negative test. All Travelers are required to fill out a Travel Declaration Form.
For those who must present a negative COVID-19 PCR test, the protocol will be as follows:
- All passengers arriving with a negative test taken no more than 72 hours prior to arrival must upload their test result to the online portal. The choice to self-quarantine is no longer an option.
- Travelers arriving without a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours of arrival:
- A $300 fine will be imposed to all travelers and mandatory quarantine must be observed.
- However, the $300 fine will be dismissed to those travelers who submit the negative molecular tests results within the first 48 hours after arrival on the island. Otherwise, the $300 fine will come into effect after the maximum of 48 hours have expired.
- If a passenger arrives without having taken a test within 72 hours of arrival, a list of certified test labs will be provided and the traveler will be able to get a molecular test in the island. A medical referral won’t be necessary in order to get the test.
- The mandatory quarantine will be lifted once the evidence of the negative results are uploaded to the Health Department’s BioPortal.
*If a passenger tests positive, he/she will be placed in isolation at their own expense to cover medical expenses and any incidental costs associated with the extension of their stay. Passengers who test positive will not be able to travel until the Health Department releases them.
You can find more information on the PR Health Department’s online portal. You can also read this Travel Advisory to get all your questions answered. Some questions you may have regarding the updated CDC guidelines:
- Under the new CDC rule, do I have to get a molecular COVID-19 test to return to the United States from Puerto Rico?
- Given Puerto Rico is a U.S. territory, the destination is excluded from the CDC requirement and you do not need to provide a negative COVID-19 test result to return to the mainland United States. The CDC still recommends getting tested 3 – 5 days after arrival and staying home for 7 days post-travel.
- I recently got vaccinated. Am I still required to get a molecular COVID-19 test prior to my trip to Puerto Rico?
- Fully vaccinated travelers entering on domestic flights are permitted to present their vaccination card instead of a negative test.
Our neighborhood of Condado has not stopped during these difficult times, showing empathy, and engaging in solidarity among the community. Several restaurants within walking distance are operating and offering delivery or curbside pickup; others have reopened following our local government safety regulations and maintaining limited occupancy. Contact our Front Desk staff for guidance on which restaurants are open and their contact information. You can also use food delivery apps like Uber Eats, or the local Uva app.
Around Condado district you will see locals exercising and taking in the sun while keeping a safe distance and following proper protocols. Supermarkets, pharmacies, and gas stations are open, with supermarket delivery services available through midnight. Restaurants, casinos, museums, pools at hotels and other establishments are open.
Cleaning Protocols – San Juan Resort Safety
Cleaning and sanitizing guest and work areas have always been essential to our standard of service. With the current state during this covid-19 pandemic, we have updated our protocols for an effective sanitization and health program. All our team members have been properly trained and given clear instructions on correct hygiene and frequent hand-washing, procedures on how to respond in case of symptoms or a suspected case in the property.
Hand sanitizer dispensers will be placed at key entrances for guests and employees in areas such as driveways, reception, hotel lobby, casino, restaurant entrances, meeting spaces, elevator landing, pools, and exercise areas.
Our hotel uses cleaning products and protocols which meet EPA guidelines and are approved for use and effective against viruses, bacteria, and other airborne and blood borne pathogens. Here are some details on all our main areas cleaning procedures:
- Public Space and Common Areas: The frequency of cleaning and sanitizing has been increased in all public spaces with an emphasis on frequent contact surfaces including, but not limited to: front desk check-in counters, bell desk, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms, room keys and locks, ATMs, stair handrails, casino counters, gaming machines, gaming tables, gym equipment, dining surfaces and seating areas.
- Housekeeping Services: Your guest room is your sanctuary throughout your stay with us. To minimize contact and reinforce our guests and staff safety protocols, housekeeping services will only be provided upon your request. The services offered are the following and will be presented at check in:
- No Service/No entry with wellness check on the third day of your stay and full cleaning on the seventh day
- The Daily TIDY service which includes refresh guest room, high touch surface disinfectant, change of towels, empty trash, refresh amenities and guest items straightened.
The above services are subject to change, please contact us prior to arrival and our team will be delighted to address questions about our current services.
- Laundry: All bed linen and laundry will be washed at high temperature and in accordance with CDC guidelines. Dirty linen will be bagged in the guest room to eliminate excess contact while being transported to the laundry area.
- Back of the House: The frequency of cleaning and sanitizing will also increase in high traffic back of house areas with an emphasis on employee dining areas, loading docks, offices, kitchen, security scanning podium, and training areas.
- Shared Equipment: Shared tools equipment will be sanitized before, during and after each shift or anytime the equipment is transferred to a new employee. This includes: phones, radios, computers, communication devices, payment terminals, kitchen equipment, engineering tools, safety buttons, folios, cleaning equipment, keys, time clocks, and all other different contact items used throughout the resort.
- Room Recovery Protocols: In the event of a suspected case of COVID-19, the guest room will be removed from service and quarantined; It will not be returned to service until an enhanced sanitization protocol by a licensed third-party is conducted.
You can find more detailed information on our official COVID-19 protocols guide.
You can read more about Marriott International community programs, policies, and details for our Marriott Bonvoy members, HERE.
Our hotel guests can enjoy all hotel facilities daily. Retreat to any of our pools, chill by Marena adults-only infinity pool area, or sunbathe at the beach all day. Explore Condado on a bike ride, which are available by our valet parking counter.
Some tour operators might not be available yet, but you will still be able to explore places within walking distance and enjoy activities while in San Juan. Here we share a few, for more information you can contact us at email@example.com
- Kayak or Paddle boarding in Condado Lagoon with Aquafitness
- Night kayak tour experience with Night Kayak
- Old San Juan sightseeing
- Bahía Beach Golf Course
- The Vanderbilt Spa
Stay FIT, Stay WELL! Take advantage of our Wellness program during your stay. Dedicated outdoors sessions from Tuesdays to Saturdays 7:00am – 11:00am with our wellness instructor. Calendar will be available at the Front Desk, or contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can’t wait to welcome you back! We will be right here, smiling with our eyes and ready to make new memories together, while keeping you and our beautiful island healthy and safe.