We Will See You soon!
Updated May 10, 2021 – We are eager to see you soon, and we know you are too! Because we care so much about all our guests and their safety, we have been working endless hours to get ready to welcome you back to La Concha.
While social distancing, wearing your face mask, and basic hygiene practices can help reduce the risk of infection, we wanted to share our updated San Juan Resort safety protocol with all of you, to face this new reality with positivity, and overall, to keep you safe.
Cleaning Protocols – San Juan Resort Safety
Cleaning and sanitizing guest and work areas have always been essential to our standard of service. With the current state during this covid-19 pandemic, we have updated our protocols for an effective sanitization and health program. All our team members have been properly trained and given clear instructions on correct hygiene and frequent hand-washing, procedures on how to respond in case of symptoms or a suspected case in the property.
Hand sanitizer dispensers will be placed at key entrances for guests and employees in areas such as driveways, reception, hotel lobby, casino, restaurant entrances, meeting spaces, elevator landing, pools, and exercise areas.
Our hotel uses cleaning products and protocols which meet EPA guidelines and are approved for use and effective against viruses, bacteria, and other airborne and blood borne pathogens. Here are some details on all our main areas cleaning procedures:
- Public Space and Common Areas: The frequency of cleaning and sanitizing has been increased in all public spaces with an emphasis on frequent contact surfaces including, but not limited to: front desk check-in counters, bell desk, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms, room keys and locks, ATMs, stair handrails, casino counters, gaming machines, gaming tables, gym equipment, dining surfaces and seating areas.
- Housekeeping Services: Your guest room is your sanctuary throughout your stay with us. To minimize contact and reinforce our guests and staff safety protocols, housekeeping services will only be provided upon your request. The services offered are the following and will be presented at check in:
- No Service/No entry with wellness check on the third day of your stay and full cleaning on the seventh day
- The Daily TIDY service which includes refresh guest room, high touch surface disinfectant, change of towels, empty trash, refresh amenities and guest items straightened.
The above services are subject to change, please contact us prior to arrival and our team will be delighted to address questions about our current services.
- Laundry: All bed linen and laundry will be washed at high temperature and in accordance with CDC guidelines. Dirty linen will be bagged in the guest room to eliminate excess contact while being transported to the laundry area.
- Back of the House: The frequency of cleaning and sanitizing will also increase in high traffic back of house areas with an emphasis on employee dining areas, loading docks, offices, kitchen, security scanning podium, and training areas.
- Shared Equipment: Shared tools equipment will be sanitized before, during and after each shift or anytime the equipment is transferred to a new employee. This includes: phones, radios, computers, communication devices, payment terminals, kitchen equipment, engineering tools, safety buttons, folios, cleaning equipment, keys, time clocks, and all other different contact items used throughout the resort.
- Room Recovery Protocols: In the event of a suspected case of COVID-19, the guest room will be removed from service and quarantined; It will not be returned to service until an enhanced sanitization protocol by a licensed third-party is conducted.
You can find more detailed information on our official COVID-19 protocols guide.
You can read more about Marriott International community programs, policies, and details for our Marriott Bonvoy members, HERE.
Guests will be advised to practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from groups of people not traveling together, while standing in lines, using elevators, or moving around the property. We strongly advise to up your stepping game and use the stairs whenever possible. Upon arrival, our security team will be conducting a non-invasive temperature check with a thermal camera or non-contact thermometer. In order to ensure our guests and team members safety our resort is currently limited to registered guests only or those with reservations at our restaurants. If you as a guest, have a companion, please notify our Front Desk staff beforehand.
Certain hotel services are limited, please contact our Front Desk team for hours of operation and updates during your stay. As an additional safety measure, we have eliminated menu handling through the resort. Our guests will be able to scan a unique QR code review our available menus and order from our different food and beverage outlets. Currently, our food and beverages services available are the following:
- Hotel Restaurants, bars, and in-room dining will operate daily between 6:00am and 10:00pm, for our guests to enjoy Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. In-Room Dining is available until 11:00pm (last order by 10:30pm).
- Hotel pools, Casino and Fitness Center are open with limited capacity respecting social distancing and safety protocols. Hours of operations are subject to local curfew.
- Public beaches are open. Our guests can enjoy complimentary beach service of chairs and umbrella setup, as well as daily food and beverage service between 11:00am and 5:00pm. Due to local regulations alcohol is prohibited on the beach.
We will continue following local regulations including island wide curfew that also applies to hotel guests, and hotel access will remain only for exclusive use of registered guests. An island-wide curfew is in effect from 12:00am – 5:00am. You can find more information HERE
Our hotel guests can enjoy all hotel facilities from 5:00am to 9:00pm daily. Retreat to any of our pools, chill by Marena adults-only infinity pool area, or sunbathe at the beach all day.
Explore Condado taking on a bike ride, bicycles are available by our valet parking counter.
Fitness Center hours: 6:00am to 6:00pm
Casino hours: 6:00am and 11:00pm
Condado Lagoon Kayaks & Paddle boarding: Hotel guests enjoy 20% discount with our partners
Relax and retreat at Condado Lagoon enjoying water sport activities, located only 5 minutes from our resort.
- Aquafitness Puerto Rico – Daytime experience. Rent Kayaks, Paddle boards, and XL Paddle board (4pp)
- Night Kayaks – Nighttime experience. LED Kayaks and Paddle boards tours starting at 7:00pm.
Tuesdays to Saturdays: Outdoor sessions between 7:00 am to 11:00 am
Ocean Vibes 7:00am Session
Balanced & symmetric challenge between the flexibility and muscle resistance components of your workout. Inspiration from the functional daily moves in this session will compound with the benefits of breathing techniques for immune boost & stress release on the beach.
Poseidon Vibes 9:00am Session
BOOST MODE ON! Commanding our vibe as Poseidon commands the sea and creating waves as big as we can conquer. This structured-interval circuit will ground you to the sand & water at the beach. Functional training gadgets & moves will take advantage of sand resistance and support for a full body experience. For more information email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
BUBBLES & BRUNCH
Enjoy Brunch at The Loft Terrace Fridays to Sundays from 10:00am to 3:00pm. Reserve your spot here!
Join us at the Lobby and Solera to unwind from Monday to Friday, with special offers on Wines and Sangrias between 4:00pm – 8:00pm.
Beginning on Wednesday, April 28, Administrative Order 2020-499 will come into effect with the following requirements for incoming travelers:
- All passengers, including visitors and residents, are required to get a PCR molecular COVID-19 test no more than 72 hours prior to arrival, and must present evidence of the negative results upon arrival. The choice to self-quarantine is no longer an option.
- All Travelers are required to fill out a Travel Declaration Form and upload the evidence of the negative molecular COVID-19 test.
- Travelers arriving without a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours of arrival:
- A $300 fine will be imposed to all travelers and mandatory quarantine must be observed.
- However, the $300 fine will be dismissed to those travelers who submit the negative molecular tests results within the first 48 hours after arrival on the island. Otherwise, the $300 fine will come into effect after the maximum of 48 hours have expired.
- If a passenger arrives without having taken a test within 72 hours of arrival, a list of certified test labs by the Department of Health will be provided and the traveler will be able to get a molecular test in the island. A medical referral won’t be necessary to present in order to get the test, as this requirement is waived for travelers.
- The mandatory quarantine will be lifted once the evidence of the negative results are uploaded to the Health Department’s BioPortal.
*If a passenger tests positive, he/she will be placed in isolation at their own expense to cover medical expenses and any incidental costs associated with the extension of their stay. Positive passengers will not be able to travel until the Health Department releases them.
You can find more information on thePR Health Department’s online portal. You can also read this Travel Advisory to get all your questions answered. Some questions you may have regarding the updated CDC guidelines:
- Under the new CDC rule, do I have to get a molecular COVID-19 test to return to the United States from Puerto Rico?
- Given Puerto Rico is a U.S. territory, the destination is excluded from the CDC requirement and you do not need to provide a negative COVID-19 test result to return to the mainland United States. The CDC still recommends getting tested 3 – 5 days after arrival and staying home for 7 days post-travel.
- I recently got vaccinated. Am I still required to get a molecular COVID-19 test prior to my trip to Puerto Rico?
- Yes. Getting vaccinated does not prevent you from spreading the virus. All travelers arriving to the Island are required to get a molecular COVID-19 test (nasal or throat swab) no more than 72 hours prior to visiting the Island and show proof of negative results.
Our neighborhood of Condado has not stopped during this difficult time, showing empathy, and engaging in solidarity among the community. Several restaurants within walking distance are operating and offering delivery or curbside pickup; others have reopened following our local government safety regulations and maintaining limited occupancy. Guests at La Concha are allowed to pick up their orders at the hotel lobby entrance, while following monitoring and sanitizing procedures from our security staff. Contact our Front Desk staff for guidance on which restaurants are open and their contact information. You can also use food delivery apps like Uber Eats, or the local Uva app.
Around Condado district you will see locals exercising and taking in the sun while keeping a safe distance and following proper protocols. Supermarkets, pharmacies, and gas stations are open, with supermarket delivery services available through midnight. Restaurants, casinos, museums, pools at hotels and other establishments are open with limited capacity.
During this period, and following the latest government regulations, several tour operators might not be available, but you will still be able to explore places within walking distance and enjoy activities while in San Juan. Here we share a few, for more information you can contact us at email@example.com
- Kayak or Paddle boarding in Condado Lagoon with Aquafitness
- Night kayak tour experience with Night Kayak
- Old San Juan sightseeing
- Bahía Beach Golf Course
- The Vanderbilt Spa
Stay FIT, Stay WELL! Take advantage of our Wellness program during your stay. Dedicated outdoors sessions from Tuesdays to Saturdays 7:00am – 11:00am with our wellness instructor. Calendar will be available at the Front Desk, or contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can’t wait to welcome you back! We will be right here, smiling with our eyes and ready to make new memories together, while keeping you and our beautiful island healthy and safe.
Updated May 10, 2021.